Increasing your productivity in a fast-paced world
In a workplace where everything seems instant and management expect results almost immediately it's essential to learn from past experience then ensure sufficient time to complete your workload.
The CIBSE Training Team has come up with five top tips to help you improve your time management and define the mindset necessary to deal with productivity concerns.
5 Top Tips:
- Schedule appointments in the calendar for your own workload, not just meetings, to ensure there's time for it to get done.
- Set aside time in your calendar to deal with the inevitable random unforeseen events.
- Avoid having multiple icons randomly spread around your desktop, keep them in folders instead, to save yourself time when looking for files.
- Think of your workload in terms of clusters of similar tasks split up throughout the day, rather than one by one, in order to not overwhelm yourself.
- Be proactive rather than reactive.
By implementing these top tips you will be able to deal with important tasks efficiently in time.
Want to learn more?
CIBSE Training hosts a number of online learning soft skills programmes including Productivity & Time Management. This programme of modules will help you to prioritise your workload, maintain your motivation and strategically manage your time.